Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where I'm From


I am from  Baseball gloves and Basketball hoops, from bailing hay all summer and the greatness that is Mountain Dew.

I am from the tan house in the country with the huge yard and the baseball backstop.  

I am from the twisting creek we use to fish in, the wooded hillside
I am from family reunions at grandpa's house at the end of each May and never being on time, from Loys and Sapps.

I am from the do it yourself projects and always working hard.

From treating those as you want to be treated  and always doing your best.
I am from going to church on Sunday mornings but sometimes missing to gain some much needed sleep.

I'm from New Martinsville and Wise Acres, Nan's tater soup and Mom's Thanksgiving Turkey .


From the Engagement to my wife with the April Fools joke that wasn't , the first true family vacation to Disney World, and the and the dysfunction of our cats.


I am from riding bikes, fishing in the creek,  helping with projects around the house, throwing my first "perfect game" on a summer afternoon in the back yard, a place where family means everything,  living next to my grandparents, spending time with my brother and parents, swinging on vines during "adventures" in the woods and dominating in neighborhood wiffle ball games.  

No comments:

Post a Comment